Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The MANdvent Calendar

So I got annoyed how there was no beer advent calendar in the United States (at least that I know of) so I decided to make my own. I love advent calendars, but I'm not as impressed with just a little chocolate every day, and I saw this original one from the Stiegl Bier company located in Austria, and decided to make my own. Check out their site, it's my all time favorite beer, so even before I get to showing you anything about my advent calendar, I'm recommending Stiegl Bier to everybody who reads this. Here's their website http://www.stiegl.at/en/stieglat/. This is what Stiegl did for their advent calendar.

So as I started out, I went to the grocery store, bought a 24 pack of beer. 24. Thats how many days are in the advent calendar, so it's perfect. The only problem was that I didn't want to drink Miller Lite every day, there's nothing special about that.

Next I went to BevMo. It's a huge liquor store, they have a pretty decent beer selection, and it's the closest to my house. So, I went and bought 24 kinds of beer.
I actually bought more than 24 kinds of beer, because I can't count I guess, my variety packs surprised me. Well I picked 24 of them, and packed them in the case. The only shitty part was that some of the bottles are taller, so it wasn't the prettiest thing. But I wrapped it in some festive Christmas wrapping paper, and that was that! I actually had to do it twice, so heres what it looks like. 

Like my wrapping paper? :D

Well, lets let these baby's get cold, and then I'll start off with day 1 beer! What beer is it gonna be? It's a surprise! BTW, I started this Blog on the 2nd of December, but Ill still give you my reviews of the first two beers and pictures!

Anyways, since I did buy a case of Miller Lite, I might as well review this. Miller Lite is my favorite, easily available, on a budget, beer. It doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to buy, and it tastes great with anything. I'm not sure what's up with this new vortex bottle thing, but whatever. Well, according to wikipedia, "Miller Lite is a 4.2% abv pale lager sold by MillerCoors of Chicago, IllinoisUnited States." I'm drinking this beer right now, and I totally enjoy it. 4.2% abv is pretty weak, but it's good tasting and refreshing. If I'm buying a 30, this is my first choice. As long as its not over 19 bux for a case! It's a smooth beer, and it just goes down so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment