Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 15. Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner

So yesterday I was giving myself shit for having so many beers from the same companies pop up, and guess what, today I've got another Coney Island. Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner from the Schmaltz Brewing Co. I love Pilsner beers though so this shouldn't give me too hard a time. The bottle actually looks pretty sweet. I'd be down to have that painted on my wall somewhere. The beer actually pours and holds quite amazing tho. Like I said, a good beer will hold a good head for a long time. This one is doing it. I cooked chicken and noodles in between pouring and taking some sips, and it's still got a head to it! Amazing.

You know it does more than look cool and look like it tastes good, it actually does taste good. Great I'd say. It's much like any other pilsner but it has that little extra taste  at the end that just makes it finish off great. Hoppy and smells like a beer should smell. Refreshing to drink. I could drink these all day, thats for sure. 5.0% abv is pretty standard and works just fine for me. I think my favorite part to this bottle is that it says on it, "When beer tastes this good and you don't have scurvy you don't need a lime!" True statement. Don't fruit the beer! Thats one of my biggest pet peeves about some bars, they bring my my beer and a slice of orange or lime or lemon. NO! And these guys know it.
Take some time to check out this beer on their website. I'm a little rushed now, but you know how it goes. http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/CONEY/mermaid.html 
All in all, I'd give this beer an 8.5 out of 10. Really decent and refreshing. If I can find it without all their other beers in the same box, I'd be really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment