Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 7. Coney Island Albino Python White Lager Brewed With Spices

WTF. I'm drinking a beer? haha. This tastes more like cold spiced cider. I was excited for the whole white lager part, but I never really read the "spiced" part in my head. It looks like a wheat beer, golden as ever. It's extremely cloudy, but has absolutely no head. It didn't hold a head for more than 5 seconds.

Coney Island Albino Python is pretty interesting stuff. Its pretty spiced up. I wonder what they use. Well, one thing to remember before drinking a beer, is read the labels. "This white lager is pasteurized but may have a dusting of yeast. Agitate gently before serving. Indulge your inner beer freak!" Well I agitated, and there were plenty of floaters. It looked sorta nasty. Schmaltz Brewing Co isn't making me too happy with this one, but I do enjoy the experience. It really is something different. Strangest beer I have ever tasted. It's not bad, it's just not me. I do like how they always have stuff to say about their beers, descriptions on the bottles. "Schmaltz Brewing Company reveals a most charming attraction: the sensual dance of provocative hops and spices entwined with a sumptuous and elegant malt body. Taste the rapture. Surrender to temptation. Seduce and be seduced." I don't know, it feels really good when you drink it, but the spices are just too strong for me, and it tastes like I'm just powdering my tongue with some herbs in the kitchen. I really wish I could taste the actual beer more.
Again, this is another company that makes some pretty cool designs on their bottles. And a beer with a 6% abv is interesting when it doesn't taste like a beer at all. On their website http://www.coneyislandlager.com/CONEY/ap.html I found that the spices are ginger, crushed fennel, and sweet orange peel. I think its the fennel that Isn't agreeing with me, because I like the rest of the spices they used. Maybe somebody would like this beer, but really, it's not one for me. My taste buds give it a 3. It smells like christmas, but I will most definitely be washing this one down with a Miller Lite. Sorry guys. NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment